5 Mountain Bike Spots to Hit in Northwest Arkansas
By NWA Daily | Published July 12
Northwest Arkansas is a fantastic destination for mountain bikers, with a variety of trails to suit riders of all skill levels. Here is a guide to some of the best mountain biking trails in the area:
- Lake Atalanta Trail in Rogers: This beautiful 6.5-mile trail offers a mix of singletrack and gravel paths, with a variety of terrain and scenic views. The trail is well-marked and relatively easy, making it a great option for beginners.
- Slaughter Pen Trail in Bentonville: This popular trail system features more than 10 miles of singletrack, with a mix of challenging climbs and fast descents. The trails are well-maintained and offer plenty of technical features, making them a great option for intermediate and advanced riders.
- Mount Kessler Trail in Fayetteville: This strenuous 7.5-mile trail features steep climbs, rocky descents, and plenty of technical challenges. The trail is best suited for advanced riders, but offers rewarding views and a sense of accomplishment for those who are up to the challenge.
- Lake Fayetteville Trail in Fayetteville: This easy 6-mile trail offers a mix of singletrack and gravel paths, with minimal elevation gain and a few technical features. The trail is great for beginners or riders looking for a leisurely ride.
- Coler Mountain Bike Preserve in Bentonville: This massive trail system features more than 30 miles of singletrack, with a mix of technical challenges and scenic views. The trails are well-marked and offer a variety of options for riders of all skill levels.
Whether you're a beginner looking to get started or an experienced rider looking for a challenging trail, you'll find plenty of great options in northwest Arkansas.
Subscribe to receive our daily newsletter
Know all the happenings in NWA with a 5-minute read of our free email newsletter every weekday.