Theatre Squared - Café Staff (Bartender/Barista/Line Cook)
The Commons Bar & Café located in TheatreSquared seeks several dedicated bartenders, baristas and/or line cooks, to work in a fine-casual, counter-service food and beverage program. Under the direction of commons bar management, this new team member will support the food and beverage experience located on the first and second floors of TheatreSquared’s brand-new $31 million dollar home located in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The Commons Bar & Café serves as a public and visible extension of TheatreSquared’s mission to be a “cultural commons, a gathering place for all segments of our community to share intimate, exceptional arts experience and to to create a welcoming and vibrant shared community space.”
As a welcoming voice to newcomers visiting TheatreSquared and as a positive, collaborative member of an inclusive workforce—this new staff member will help TheatreSquared answer the question, “How can a theatre be an agent of social change—helping foster a community that is fundamentally more equitable?”
- Members of the Commons Bar & Café team will be expected to display excellent customer service skills, an eagerness to learn, and a dedication to the integrity of food and beverage items served by the café
- Team members will work together with T2’s marketing, development, and front-of-house staff to create a hospitable high quality continuum of service at all times, including during performances, high-volume hours, and special events
- Team-based communication is required
- Café staff will be expected to operate safely under health code and beverage control laws, as well as COVID-19 protocols and procedures enforced by T2 to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff
- Support and uplift TheatreSquared’s mission and vision, as well as show a dedication to the company’s principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, anti-racism, and access
- Must be at least 21 years of age to apply
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work days, nights, weekends, and or holidays
- Prior experience in a fast paced food-service position
DESIRABLE SKILL SETS
- Preferably candidates will bring two years of experience, but not required
- Previous wine and beverage experience, ability to make recommendations to customers requests
- Ability to write food menu items including food, cocktails, or espresso drinks
- ServSafe certified or experience in complying with local health codes
- Pandemic related restaurant safety expertise
- A passion for live theatre
To apply, submit an employment resume and references by visiting https://theatresquared.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
TheatreSquared celebrates diversity and commits to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to remove barriers to employment that are faced by racialized groups and encourage applicants of all genders, abilities, and ethnic, socio-economic, religious, and educational backgrounds. TheatreSquared believes that a team with a variety of perspectives and skills is critical to our growth as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please note: All interviews at this time will be held via video service (Google, Zoom, etc.)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. The base pay for this part-time, non-exempt position is $15 per hour tipped minimum. Benefits include shift meals, flexible scheduling, holiday pay, paid time off, allotted show tickets, access to the company employee assistance program, and the opportunity to regularly experience live theatre.
We believe that theatre—done well and with passion—can transform lives and communities. At the theatre, in schools and online, we create remarkable performances; broaden access; foster empathy, equity and cohesion; and gather with one another around art, conversation, food and other shared experiences in a welcoming, inclusive space.
ABOUT THEATRESQUARED & NORTHWEST ARKANSAS
Now entering its 16th season, TheatreSquared’s challenging, heartfelt, and intimate productions reach 60,000 patrons each year, including more than 20,000 students and their teachers. T2 fills a crucial niche in the region’s cultural landscape as the only year-round, producing professional theatre within a 150-mile radius, operating on an annual budget of $6 million. TheatreSquared employs trained artists from across the country to create its 330 annual performances and is contracted with Actors' Equity Association. The theatre is also Arkansas’s home for professional playwrights, developing scripts through the Arkansas New Play Festival in Fayetteville and Bentonville and producing new works and world premieres each year. TheatreSquared’s architecturally significant, 50,000-square-foot, two-venue permanent home was completed in 2019. For details on the facility, visit ournextstage.org.
Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas were ranked 8th by US News and World Report in its 2021 "Best Places to Live in the US.” Located in the scenic Ozarks and offering a low cost of living and high quality of life, this vibrant metro area recently surpassed the half-million population mark and is home to the headquarters of Fortune 100 companies including Walmart Stores, J.B. Hunt, Tyson, and peer world-class cultural institutions such as Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.