Cobb-Vantress - Poultry Farm Worker (Respirator Certified) - Full Time
Schedule: Monday through Friday, including holidays.
Hours: 6:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
Starting Wage: $15.45
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends.
- Reside within one of the following counties in order to be considered. In Arkansas – Benton or Washington County; In Oklahoma – Adair, Cherokee or Delaware County.
- Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Competitive benefits, including:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Educational Assistance Program (including GED assistance, Citizenship assistance, ESL and tuition reimbursement)
- Referral incentives
- Paid vacation
This position is responsible for vaccinating birds and moving birds to designated houses; placing new shavings in poultry houses; maintaining and cleaning farm equipment; blood pulls; all farm preparation prior to placement of birds; and vegetation control on the farm; removing used litter from poultry houses; bush hogging and/or mowing around poultry houses; assisting with house clean out, wash down and disinfection as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with cleaning and disinfecting poultry houses and all equipment (including vehicles/tractors) utilizing commercial pressure washer on wet/slick floor (20%)
- Move birds as required to laying houses, livehaul birds (15%)
- Vaccinations and blood pulls as scheduled (15%)
- Selection of males at the appropriate age to keep as breeding males (10%)
- Set up of poultry houses including shavings, slats, and spraying of pesticides and herbicides (10%)
- Operates equipment to remove litter and slats with Bobcat loader and tractor (20%)
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities:
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, such as repair pens, equipment and buildings or fenced yards; repair equipment (feeders, waterers, lights, fans, etc.); farm cleanup such as garbage/litter retrieval; properly euthanize weak/ill birds in accordance with company policy (10%)
- Respirator certification is required and maintained by testing on an annual basis.
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare Requirements:
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the job site except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and/or move, up to 50 pounds to move items such as partitions, nests, tools, etc. May be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 2000 pounds such as skids of supplies, shavings, slats, etc. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk majority of shift on multiple surfaces; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; climbing/ladder usage; talk or hear; stoop/bend up to 1000 times per day; drive a vehicle within the farm complex. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also work in hot, dry, extreme dusty, dark, wet, icy, snowy and cold environments
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety goggles and/or glasses, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof aprons, and company issued footwear are required. Ear plugs or hearing protection will be used as required. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators will be worn as needed. A respirator is required for formaldehyde application.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Disinfectants such as Synergize, Lysol, bleach, insecticides, herbicides, rodenticides, formaldehyde, etc.
- Safety: Team member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. Team member is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
During the current Pandemic (2020), all Team Members will be required to wear company issued facial coverings. Training will be provided to each Team Member specific to their job and their facility location in addition to signing an acknowledgement form they understand these expectations.
It is considered an essential function of each job for a Team Member to wear the company issued facial coverings. If a Team Member indicates they will not wear the mask, they will not be considered for the position in which they are applying or any position that requires the facial covering. If a Team Member has a medical condition or disability that prevents them from wearing the mask, Cobb will engage in an interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided that addresses the safety concerns associated with the Pandemic and allow the Team Member to perform the essential functions of the job.
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.