Harps Food Stores, Inc. - Graphic Designer
Harps Food Stores is expanding its Advertising Department and has an immediate opening for a full-time Graphic Artist.
If you had been with us for the last month, you would have:
- Created weekly/biweekly grocery ads.
- Developed signage kits for mobile app launch.
- Designed, printed, and trimmed signage for in-store promotions.
- Designed special flyers for in-store events and sales.
- Designed large foam board signs for in-store display.
- Designed and updated digital graphics on jumbotron road sign.
- Created graphics for website, email, mobile app, & social media.
The best candidate for this job will have:
- Associates Degree, or higher, in Graphic Design, or related field.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to meet timely deadlines.
- Ability to adapt brand identity to various creative projects.
- Familiarity with Apple iMacs.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to leverage resources, whilst also knowing when to ask questions.
- Slight addictions to coffee.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Basic knowledge of digital photography.
- OCD level of organization, preferred but not required.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Punctuality- 8-5 Monday-Friday on-site is required.
- Knowledge of grocery retail, a plus but not required.
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 lbs to shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs to waist height unaccompanied.
- Regularly sit for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, stoop, climb, or balance.
Employment at Harps may be contingent upon completion and our evaluation of a PEP survey, RMAI assessment, Wonderlic assessment, personality assessment, drug screen, employment reference check, credit check and criminal background check.
As a Graphic Artist, this is how I do it:
Building Relationships – I successfully initiate, develop, and foster relationships with others. I take a personal interest in the interests and ideas of others and treat others fairly, respectfully, and sincerely. I empathize with the emotions of others and consider things from other people’s perspectives.
Conscientiousness – I demonstrate responsible behavior, thoroughness of work, and dependability. I consistently demonstrate compliance with Harps’ policies and procedures, including regular and timely attendance, adherence to dress code and ensuring a safe work environment, and a willingness to complete other duties as assigned.
Integrity – I demonstrate and act in accordance with an appropriate and sound set of values, beliefs, and business ethics. I am an honest person.
Modeling Cultural Values – I act consistently in accordance with values that are consistent with those of the organization. I model high standards of behavior for others through personal actions and commitment to the organization.
Professionalism – I hold myself accountable by demonstrating a “no excuses” approach to my own attitude, performance, and results. I work in the best interest of Harps even when it involves putting individual needs aside.
Showing Drive & Taking Action – I act on my own initiative without being prompted. I handle problems with minimal guidance. I make things happen and take action quickly.
As a Graphic Artist, this is why I do it:
Respecting Others/Citizenship – I encourage an atmosphere of teamwork by my own actions. I support others, facilitate their work, and defend them when appropriate. I encourage cooperation and trust within a group. I show a high concern for the rights, values, and worth of others. I treat others fairly and consistently. I give appropriate attention toward the concerns expressed by others by empathizing with their emotions and considering things from their perspective.
Supporting Harps’ Mission Statement – With respect and support from my peers and supervisors, I strive daily to exceed my customers’ expectations in an effort to support the Harps’ Mission Statement – “Our mission is to provide the best overall value to our customers, building a reputation for competitive prices, product quality and freshness, friendly service and cleanliness.”