Theatre Squared - Human Resources Director
TheatreSquared seeks a Human Resources Director to help actively create a culture of respect, collaboration, balance and empathy in a diverse, creative workforce. This key staff member will help the company to answer the question, “How can a theatre be an agent of social change and foster a community that is fundamentally inclusive and equitable?”
The HR Director will partner and collaborate with employees at every level of the organization and help to recruit and retain high-performing personnel. Reporting to the General Manager, this team member will also serve to support the broader financial and administrative operations of the theatre.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and collaborative coach, with a strong working knowledge of human resource practices, interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects concurrently.
The Human Resources Director will:
- Lead human resources functions and collaborate with Director of Operations on finance functions including payroll, employee benefit plans, workers’ compensation, personnel recordkeeping, and other areas of administration with a focus on personnel.
- Lead and collaborate closely with the General Manager to support recruiting activities, including creating/editing job descriptions, publicizing opportunities, screening, and hiring for open positions at both non-exempt and exempt level. Effectively track and measure training, development and retention of new hires. Plan orientation and onboarding of new hires, and support professional development activities for existing staff. Conduct exit interviews and implement retention actions if needed.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions, ensuring policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Research, create and recommend organizational human resource policies and procedures, maintain and distribute up-to-date employee handbook. Provide operational and consultative support to managers, including providing them with the tools and techniques to enable them to coach staff.
- Work closely with the General Manager to continue to develop and implement TheatreSquared’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Anti-Racism vision, with support from outside experts and the theatre’s staff-led Diversity Champions
- Work closely with the Director of Education to recruit, publicize, screen, and hire for TheatreSquared’s Apprentice Program.
- Support company morale and cohesion by participating in the planning of company events, retreats, shared messaging, and social opportunities.
Candidates must have a working background and training in human resources.
Interest or experience with work related to the company’s non-profit mission, including creating exceptional theatre, will be weighed positively.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation is highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
This permanent, full-time, exempt position includes a competitive salary and full benefits. These benefits include health; dental; paid time off; paid parental leave; professional development allowance; employer-sponsored long-term and short-term disability; $100,000 in employer-sponsored term life insurance; and voluntary 401(k).
To apply, submit an employment resume, references, cover letter and schedule availability by visiting https://theatresquared.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
TheatreSquared celebrates diversity and commits to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to remove barriers to employment that are faced by racialized groups and encourage applicants of all genders, abilities, and ethnic, socio-economic, religious, and educational backgrounds. TheatreSquared believes that a team with a variety of perspectives and skills is critical to our growth as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We believe that theatre—done well and with passion—can transform lives and communities. At the theatre, in schools and online, we create remarkable performances; broaden access; foster empathy, equity and cohesion; and gather with one another around art, conversation, food and other shared experiences in a welcoming, inclusive space.
ABOUT THEATRESQUARED & NORTHWEST ARKANSAS
Now entering its 17th season, TheatreSquared’s challenging, heartfelt, and intimate productions reach 60,000 patrons each year, including more than 20,000 students and their teachers. T2 fills a crucial niche in the region’s cultural landscape as the only year-round, producing professional theatre within a 150-mile radius, operating on an annual budget of $6 million. TheatreSquared employs trained artists from across the country to create its 330 annual performances and is contracted with Actors' Equity Association. The theatre is also Arkansas’s home for professional playwrights, developing scripts through the Arkansas New Play Festival in Fayetteville and Bentonville and producing new works and world premieres each year. TheatreSquared’s architecturally significant, 50,000-square-foot, two-venue permanent home was completed in 2019. For details on the facility, visit ournextstage.org.
Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas were ranked 8th by US News and World Report in its 2021 "Best Places to Live in the US.” Located in the scenic Ozarks and offering a low cost of living and high quality of life, this vibrant metro area recently surpassed the half-million population mark and is home to the headquarters of Fortune 100 companies including Walmart Stores, J.B. Hunt, Tyson, and peer world-class cultural institutions such as Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.