Marshalltown - Buyer
Work for the market leader of construction tools at MARSHALLTOWN. Our facilities are top-notch and company culture is healthy. Decisions are made quickly, good ideas are embraced, excellence and effort are rewarded, and we have the resources to do what we need to do. Solving the problems of a large and highly automated manufacturing and distribution company are interesting and exciting. If you want to be a part of a team that strives to manufacture superior quality tools, works hard, is nimble, and challenges status quo, then this might be the right opportunity for you!
Our Fayetteville, AR location is seeking a Buyer to join our Purchasing team. The Buyer is responsible for the procurement of raw materials and finished goods to support a manufacturing and distribution environment from both domestic and international suppliers. These products are to be secured at competitive cost and quality levels with appropriate delivery schedules consistent with Company policy and established performance standards. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, identifying new sources of supply and working with existing suppliers to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Purchases raw materials and finished goods items as necessary based upon production schedules, current inventory levels, and policy as well as price and potential availability
- Expedites delivery and follows up on purchase orders as necessary
- Submits quotes for raw materials and purchased items as requested
- Investigates and resolves vendor-related production and quality problems
- Resists all price increases, notifies management of impending changes and accepts only those that can be justified
- Maintains working relationship with existing and prospective vendors by interviewing their representatives and through on-going contact on the telephone or through the mail
- Other duties and project work as assigned; essential functions may be supplemented due to the absence of others or changes in business conditions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business-Related or Engineering field, required
- Basic understanding of MRP Materials Resource Planning operating principles, required
- Strong communication skills to effectively negotiate and communicate with suppliers and vendors
- Effective organizational & project management skills through proven experience
- Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Team orientation with ability to be self-directed
MARSHALLTOWN offers comprehensive total rewards packages to include competitive wages, matching 401k retirement plans, dental, Traditional and High Deductible Health Plans with employer HSA contributions, immediate vacation eligibility, just to name a few!
MARSHALLTOWN is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.