Ozarks Electric Cooperative - Systems Support Technician - Permanent Part-Time
The Systems Support Technician is a permanent part time position. This position is expected to work between 26-36 hours on a weekly basis. The Systems Support Technician implements, operates, maintains, and repairs a variety of hardware and software systems in a highly diverse technical environment. He or she will demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of PC- and server-based systems in a LAN/WAN environment. The Systems Support Technician will provide primary end-user support for all mobile devices, PCs, MACs, and server-based systems in the Cooperative.
Reports to: Systems Support Lead
· Provides primary-level technical support to all OECC employees in use of IT supported hardware and software, including mobile devices, PCs, MACs, printers, LAN/WAN troubleshooting, and repair, as necessary. Provides supervised
support of servers, and Telephone systems as directed.
· Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains computer hardware, software, and data communication equipment; loads, tunes, configures, and upgrades operating systems for PCs, MACs, mobile devices, and Servers.
· Diagnoses and resolves computer and software problems; analyzes end-user requirements and recommends appropriate solutions.
· Assists in maintaining and administering local area networks; customizes and enhances computer software; evaluates system performance and reports to management; performs preventative maintenance of equipment. Recommends
replacements and related system changes.
· Maintains files and databases pertinent to the operation of the IT Department.
· Assists in inventory of hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment.
· Maintains a record of work and Help Desk activities including installation, repair, maintenance, replacement, and testing of computer hardware and software; maintains system documentation.
· Actively assists in activities related to improving the Help Desk ticket system and accompanying reporting methods.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
The Systems Support Technician shall be required to perform any other duties assigned to fulfill the objectives of the Cooperative.
· Vendors: To evaluate and order new equipment. To report equipment malfunction, resolve hardware and software issues, and/or to keep updated on current technology.
Education, Job Knowledge and Training: At least two years of college level computer science or equivalent technical training certification is required or may substitute with three years’ experience in the installation, setup, troubleshooting and maintenance of computers and peripheral equipment or related software in a networked environment. Must maintain up-to-date knowledge of uses and functions of IT equipment and related technical requirements via certifications and/or training programs as directed.
Equipment Operated: All specific equipment related to Information Technology as well as routine office equipment. Must have valid driver’s license without violation, which would prohibit insurability.
Abilities and Skills: Must demonstrate the ability to communicate technical information both written and verbally to immediate supervisors, peers, vendors, and end users. Must be able to perform complicated research, reporting, and querying of data.
Physical Effort: Occasional lifting, up to 30 pounds, required. Normal vision and hearing required.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment with higher and/or longer noise level than average. Weekends, evening hours, overtime and/or overnight travel may occasionally be necessary
Ozarks Electric is an EOE/AA/W/M/VETERAN/Disability employer