AcreTrader - Product Owner
AcreTrader, Inc. is hiring three Product Owners based in Northwest Arkansas to join the growing software development teams which support our AcreTrader, AcrePro, and AcreMaps platforms. These positions present the opportunity to help build and enhance some of our most important externally facing products. An ideal candidate will be comfortable ramping up quickly so that they can help prioritize and refine feature sets.
For each platform, the Product Owner will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure we are delivering maximum value. They will be responsible for creating well-written, thorough user stories which our software development squads will leverage to deliver new features. Hiring the right people for these roles is important to our team because they will be integral to the creation and continuous improvement of our products. As at any growing company, you can expect many other tasks and responsibilities to be assigned as well as growth opportunities to be seized.
- Communicate regularly with internal and external stakeholders to optimize business value from our product(s)
- Work closely with the Product Manager to ensure feature requirements are in line with product strategy
- Utilize SAFe methodology to elicit requirements and prioritize features
- Decompose epics and features into clearly written user stories which contain acceptance criteria
- Participate in, and in some cases lead, Agile Scrum ceremonies
- Create visual aids to demonstrate requirements to our development squads, e.g. process flows, mind maps, etc.
- Work one on one with UX resources to ensure product vision is properly captured
- Measure feature usage post-release to make recommendations to our business partners concerning enhancement, modification, or retirement of features
- 2+ years experience working as a technical Product Owner in an Agile environment
- 2+ years working in Agile project management tools like Azure Dev Ops, Jira, ZenHub, etc.
- 2+ years interpreting streaming analytics, e.g. GA, Firebase, Data Studio, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in creating documentation which breaks down complex requirements into easier-to-understand features: (e.g. Visio, Miro, Lucid Charts, etc.)
- Openness to learning and sharing knowledge
- Local to Fayetteville Arkansas or willing to relocate
- Undergraduate degree in product management, computer science, or related field
- Startup experience
- Experience in the fintech industry
Legal authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment at AcreTrader.
AcreTrader launched in 2018 and has established itself as a leader in the farmland investment industry. Our team and company have grown at an incredible pace, and in order to continue this growth, we must do so intentionally. We have very high expectations for ourselves, each other, and every new team member. We’re looking for high performers who go about their work with a sense of curiosity and a drive to make things better. If you would like to be a part of a fast-moving operation with an opportunity to make a massive impact at the intersection of finance, technology, and agriculture - then please, get in touch.
AcreTrader is a real estate investing platform that makes it easy to buy shares of farmland and earn passive income. United States farmland has historically outperformed most asset classes and other forms of real estate. Unfortunately, buying and maintaining farmland directly is extremely difficult without local knowledge, management, and large investment commitments. AcreTrader solves these issues by providing transparency, flexibility, and ease of use to people wanting to invest in farmland while handling all aspects of administration and property management, from insurance and accounting to working with local farmers and improving soil sustainability. At the same time, AcreTrader works to help farmers scale through innovative sales and leasing opportunities. See our How it Works page for more details
AcrePro, the brokerage arm of AcreTrader, provides best-in-class land valuation, sales, development, and conservation expertise to its customers. At the core of AcrePro is a highly qualified team, combining decades of experience in financial services and agriculture alongside millions of dollars in transactions. Our simple mission is to create a faster, more transparent way for buyers and sellers to transact in the world of farmland. AcrePro’s offerings include investing, land management, appraisal, auctions, diligence and evaluation, financing, land and resource conservation, and more.