Visit Bentonville - Outdoor Recreation Sales and Events Manager
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Event and Sales -
- Recruit and sell Bentonville as a destination for outdoor events with an emphasis on cycling. Other outdoor recreation sports include climbing, archery, hiking, running, duathlon, kayaking).
- Contacting vendors for quotes and availability for facility use, safety services, security, food, and infrastructure for each event.
- Must be able to ride a mountain bike and have knowledge of cycling.
- Maintain contracts and communications regarding payments, insurance, route logistics, etc.
- Manages outdoor recreation sales and/or market segment to achieve clearly defined performance goals and objectives.
- Ability to plan, organize and execute events for outdoor recreation and cycling.
- Serves as primary representative by attending and participating in industry related sports events, tradeshows, and promotional events.
- Conducts sales presentations to generate leads and definite room night business to the destination.
- Evolve Bike Bentonville brand that promotes cycling and cycling events in Bentonville.
- Purchase or rent necessary event equipment, shuttles, and transportation to support events.
- Order and maintain inventory of all merchandise and event supplies for each event.
- Continuously review processes and procedures to refine and improve events.
- Track event registrations and report on progress of goals.
- Provide customer service support for prospective and registered event participants, sponsors, and vendors.
- Assistance with the design and documentation of routes for events within our city.
- Work with Parks and Recreation and Peel/Compton Staff to coordinate outdoor recreation and cycling events that are hosted in the city. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling, marketing, registering, managing and evaluation of a series of Bentonville-based cycling events that appeal to residents and tourists.
Communications and Marketing
- Assist in the implementation of the marketing plan for events and visitors to include our Bike Bentonville brand.
- Partner with communications support team to manage websites, social media, newsletters and other marketing materials for organization and events.
- Serve as outdoor recreation and cycling expert for the amenities offered in Bentonville.
- Work with partner organizations such as Bentonville Public Schools, Friends of Arkansas SingleTrack (FAST), National Intercollegiate Cycling Association (NICA) and others to promote Bentonville’s cycling opportunities.
- Coordinate with trail users to relay any necessary maintenance issues / improvements to trails.
- College Degree
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of a cross-section of business disciplines, including sales, marketing, hospitality industry operations, financial and accounting systems, e-commerce, and business communications.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of cycling and outdoor recreation industry.
- Knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Knowledge of internet tools, research, social media tools, and other basics used in communication.
- Skill in the operation of a personal computer, utilizing databases, internet, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Build presentations to support or promote cycling and outdoor recreation to groups or community leaders
- Ability to review and correct ad proofs.
- Ability to compose and type correspondence and reports.
- Ability to compile data and prepare narrative and statistical reports.
- Ability to conduct research and analyze and interpret research findings.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.